Understanding social media demographics will help you fine-tune your marketing strategy and reach the right people with your message.
- An average user spends about 2 hours and 29 hours on social media each day.
- 99% of all social media users are accessing platforms via their mobile devices, at least at some point.
- Facebook continues to be the most popular social media platform among global users. Facebook has more than 2.7 billion monthly active users.
- India has the most Facebook users in the world, with more than 310 million users. After India goes: the USA (190 million), Indonesia (140 million), and Brazil (130 million).
- The USA has the most Instagram users in the world, with 140 million users. Following the USA, the countries with the most Instagram users in the world are India (120 million), Brazil (95 million), Indonesia (78 million), and Russia (54 million).
- YouTube has more than 2 billion users worldwide. The average visitor spends 17 minutes and 22 seconds on YouTube daily.
- Snapchat has 433 million users globally. The USA has the largest Snapchat base with almost 102 million users.
- There are 722 million LinkedIn members worldwide. 59.9% of all LinkedIn users worldwide are ages: 25 to 34.
- There are over 174 million LinkedIn members in the USA, more than 71 million members are in India, more than 52 million members in China, and more than 46 million members in Brazil.
- About 1.3 million users joined social media every day in 2020.