- Sign into your Google account. Make sure you’re using your business (not personal) account if it’s a business website.
- Go to Google Search Console.
- Click “Add a property”.
- Choose “Website” from the drop-down menu and enter the URL of your site. Make sure you’re using the exact URL that appears in the browser bar.
- Click “Add”.
- Pick a way to verify your own website (HTML file upload, domain name provider, HTML tag, GA tracking code, or GTM container snippet).
- If your site supports both http:// and https://, add both as separate sites. You must also add each domain (for example, seopoz.com, blog.seopoz.com and so on).
The phrase “SEO software platform” may be somewhat tough to pin down.
There ar such a lot of potential elements to associate SEO strategy that the task of covering all – and covering them well – in one platform could be a sizable task.
So initial of all, let’s draw some boundaries for our list.
When we say “SEO software platform” we tend to mean technologies that perform a minimum of the following:
Keyword rank tracking
Social media metrics
That is a broad spectrum of capabilities, however it’s what fashionable marketers need of associate SEO software package suite.
Where a platform maybe falls in need of being the business leader, search marketers might want to enrich their SEO software package suite with a specialised tool to complete this.
Ultimately, this list can highlight the areas within which every platform excels, to assist you navigate this competitive landscape.
So let’s start with our top 5 SEO platforms.
Audit your website, explore competitors, research keywords & backlinks – all in one place. Powered by seriously big data & trusted by top SEOs.
SEMrush is an online visibility management platform ensuring businesses get measurable results from online marketing. Trusted by over 3,000,000 marketers worldwide, SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research.
Backed by the largest community of SEOs on the planet, Moz builds tools that make SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing easy.
WebCEO offers 15 online SEO tools for site owners, SEO agencies and in-house SEO teams. Use white-label SEO tools on your domain and offer branded SEO reports.
The cognitiveSEO tool provides a unique analysis process that delivers Unparalleled Backlink Analysis, Content Audit and Rank Tracking for Every Site.
Website Crawler – http://beamusup.com/
SEO & Website Analysis – https://www.woorank.com
SEO Audit Tool – https://seositecheckup.com/
SEO Performance Report – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
Keyword Rank Tracker – https://seopoz.com/
Visitors Analytics – https://www.google.com/analytics/
Keyword Search Volume Tool – https://searchvolume.io/
Page Speed Tool – https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
Backlink Checker – https://www.seoreviewtools.com/valuable-backlinks-checker/
Backlink Analysis Tool – https://www.openlinkprofiler.org/
Serp Checker – https://serpyou.com/tools/serp-checker
SEO Dashboard Overview
A good SEO dashboard will supercharge content marketing teams, ensuring that they are taking advantage of every opportunity to perform well in search engines. Our customers are businesses that survive based on their performance in SEO and we’ve compiled this list of dashboard functionality and best practices into a single article you can share with your teammates.
The SEO Dashboard is an important part of any online marketer’s arsenal. SEO or search traffic is that is essentially a harvesting of existing customer demand for what you have to sell. Therefore, it is something that almost every business needs to do well. There are many factors that go into a successful SEO strategy. A good SEO dashboard will encapsulate many, if not most, of these concepts into a single source of information of your team.
What is an SEO dashboard?
At a minimum, it will do the following:
- Tell you what your customers or potential customers are searching for online
- Spy on your competitors’ websites and content so you can outperform them
- Track your existing traffic across all traffic channels, such as organic search (SEO), paid ads, email, direct, social, and more
- Show you how you rank in the search engines and provide prioritization for improving your rankings on the keywords that matter most to your business.
- Show how many and what type of other websites link back to both your website and your competitor’s websites
- Help you forecast how much traffic you can drive to your site by creating targeted content for keywords that matter to you
- Reveal your best and worst performing content so you can make improvements and celebrate wins
There many more things that companies should pay attention to when building SEO campaigns but the above serves as a good list of minimum things that should exist in your SEO dashboard.
Why use SEO-specific platforms such as SeoPoz?
There are many options, of course, so you should do your research. If you’re just getting started, you should start understanding the data that can be found in Google Analytics and Google’s Search Console. These are two, great, free tools that you should use and understand in order to build up your insights. Once you have set up both of these tools, SeoPoz can easily pull in both Google Analytics and Search Console Data as data sources to help you build out your dashboard.
Your dashboard home page provides both high-level information for quick overviews, as well as deeper insights through interactive charts and tables. Your dashboard home page has filters that will allow you to customize your data to ensure you’re getting the views you need for your brand, team, or reporting.
We are starting our new SEO & marketing blog 🙂